Gas Station Intuition
About 3 years ago, my brother and I entered a gas station on 32nd and Prospect in Kansas City, MO. Upon entering this store, I had no idea my intuition would be tested to the extreme as it was. My brother and I were just simply trying to buy some snacks after our long night of Djing at a local club. At the time it was approximately 2:30 in the morning. As we entered the store we straddled to the back with tired eyes. We got our items and headed to the cash register. When we made it to the cash register, I realized that I only had a $100 bill. The cashier said that he could not break a bill that big for what he had so he would have to go to the back to get some more cash. As he spoke the final word, out the corner of my eye I see a black old school Chevy caprice pull up to the store. I immediately I felt what was like a punch in my gut about that suspicious car that had just pulled up. I just knew that something was wrong, and that something very bad was about to happen. I stuttered in my words in telling the cashier that going to get more cash was unnecessary, and that we would be on our way. I grabbed my brother by the shirt and gave him a tug toward the door and we rushed out. As we were walking out the store as calm as our legs would allow, two men jumped out the suspicious car wearing ski mask, and carrying handguns with what looked to be extended clips. At this time, we were about 50 feet from the suspicious car. As soon as we saw this we made a all out dash to the car we came in. My brother fumbled with the keys and we made we sped away like post men from dogs. I could feel my heart beating out my chest as I sat paralyzed with fear unable to fix my mouth to speak. I always wondered why they never attempted to turn and shoot at us or anything like that. That night i struggled to get sleep, and I kept my eye on the news to see if the clerk made it through the ordeal alive. it turns out he did, and the men made off with little to no money seeing that the clear was unable to even give us change for a $100 bill. This situation in my life represents intuition at its peak. What if I decided to wait until the clerk went to go get change? Would I even be here telling this story now?
-Keshawn Triplett
No comments:
Post a Comment